Throughout her six years in office serving the people of British Columbia, Christy Clark’s government:
- Led the country in job creation.
- Maintained some of the best health and education outcomes in the country.
- Worked tirelessly to create new opportunities, with an emphasis on liquefied natural gas (LNG) and the technology sectors.
- Led seven international trade missions and expanded Asia-Pacific trade to the point that British Columbia is now, by far, the least dependent province in Canada on US-trade.
- Balanced five consecutive budgets and was on-track to eliminating its operating debt by 2020, the first time since 1976.
- Maintained a AAA credit rating, the only province in Canada to achieve this.
- Made reconciliation with First Nations a key priority, successfully negotiating over 500 agreements with Indigenous communities throughout BC, including revenue sharing, LNG resource benefit, and reconciliation agreements.